Wednesday 27 July 2011

The Waiting Game

Today is, according to their website, the day when the one of the AFPs I applied to are due to finish shortlisting of applications - which means that by the end of today, someone, somewhere, knows whether or not my application form was good enough to convince someone to interview me. I'm not entirely convinced it will be; of the three forms I filled in, I felt I made the best job of the other one, and I didn't get an interview there. That said, I don't know how much emphasis each deanery put on different components of the application. Unlike a lot of applicants, I don't have a single publication yet. I have got something which has been approved and is currently with the editors, but that doesn't count for much. I am hoping that my BSc, having some lab experience and the audit I did during my GP placement will go some way to compensating for that, but we'll just have to see. I hope I hear soon one way or another - I can cope with disappointment but the not knowing is frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And how does that make you feel?